The Catalyst Foundational Skills specifically address the following areas:
When teachers are purposeful in their interactions with students...
- Students are empowered to feel ownership of their learning
- Students’ independence increases
- Students are more likely to believe in themselves
When teachers are strategic about shifting students' attention throughout the day...
- Students can more smoothly transition between activities
- Every student feels included in the lesson
- It creates a calm, safe environment
When teachers communicate clearly while facilitating class discussions...
- Student voice is increased and honored
- Students are less overwhelmed by trying to process teachers’ directions and content at the same time
- The class functions more cohesively
When teachers strategically prepare students for independent work...
- Students are able to focus more on the content rather than trying to remember the teachers’ directions
- Confusion is cleared up prior to students starting the work so they can be more independent
- Students experience the feeling of increased productivity